All Plymouth Church employees directly support the work of the church to provide spiritual care, healing and growth experiences to our members and to the wider community.
We seek the most highly qualified candidates who understand and believe in the mission and values of Plymouth Church. We hire people who see their work as their ministry, from those who design and lead our programs to those who clean and set up the Sanctuary for Sunday services.
We strive to be fair and compassionate with our employees. We expect a high level of competence in job responsibilities and a patient, caring attitude toward both visitors and members of the church. Full time employees receive healthcare (medical and dental) benefits, UCC pension contributions, vacation and sick leave.
Application Process - Please submit resume, cover letter and references for any available position.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the ministries of Plymouth Church UCC.
Plymouth Church United Church of Christ, a progressive, social-justice oriented Christian faith community in downtown Seattle seeking to provide radical hospitality to all, offers an opportunity for part-time Receptionist/Facilities Coordinator to join our team and work toward a common mission and vision.
This role is multi-faceted, including reception, coordination of use of Plymouth's facilities and a host of other duties necessary for smooth functioning of Plymouth's operations.
The person in this position must possess a great deal of patience and be a good listener, desire to provide the highest level of assistance to all, be willing to work with people from all walks of life, respect those of other faiths and treat the least among us as equals and worthy of our time and attention.
Additionally, this position requires solid Microsoft Office skills (especially Word and Excel), ability to work with our website, ability to manage a very active calendar and be comfortable making decisions regarding use of the facilities. Some experience with CRM and/or donor databases and light financial skills preferred.
• Front desk reception and phones
• Maintain web-based calendar of activities, logistics and schedule all facilities activities and building use, including preparing paperwork and maintaining document files for organizations that utilize the facilities.
• Preparing building schedules and signage
• Guest/member tracking to support parish care and outreach
• Light audio/visual/tech support and management of our general email box
• Build and maintain good relationships with all user groups.
• Petty cash reconciliations and record daily incoming financials
• Prepare acknowledgements, letters to guests and other general correspondence.
• Maintain emergency referral information.
• Other duties as assigned
25 hours per week. Salary range: $17 to $19/hour, based on experience and qualifications.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to Rev. Steven Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org.