Peace Action Group is an action group of CSSA (Community Service & Social
This ministry team seeks to
- Educate itself and the congregation on issues of peace and justice in the world,
- Take appropriate Christian action to promote peace, unity and reconciliation,
- Provide a voice in the community for expressions of peace and justice;
- Support opportunities to train and mobilize nonviolent activists.
We support and work with other peace organizations including (among others):
- Friends Committee on National Legislation, http://www.fcnl.org
- Ground Zero Center for Nonviolent Action, www.gzcenter.org
- Physicians for Social Responsibility http://www.psr.org (includes links to WA)
- The national UCC Justice and Peace Action Network (JPANet) http://www.ucc.org/justice/jpanet
- Washington State Religious Campaign Against Torture, http://www.wsrcat.org and national…, http://www.nrcat.org
- Western Washington Fellowship of Reconciliation, http://www.wwfor.org;
- Abolish Nukes, http://www.abolishnukes.com;
- Faith Action Network (FAN) (formerly Washington Association of Churches) www.fanwa.org
Time Commitment: Meetings once/month (usually on the 1st Sunday, following the main worship service); commitment beyond that variable depending on interest.