Festival of Preaching and Worship
January 11, 2016
April 11-14, 2016 at First United Methodist Church (Lower Queen Anne)
Theme: Preaching + worship for justice
Have you purchased your early-bird tickets yet? If not, hurry! Regular pricing begins January 16. Join laypersons, preachers, worship leaders and seminarians; experience preaching and worship led by this dynamic group Individually, they are engaging; together they are inspiring!
- Ayanna Johnson Watkins: a joyful and prayerful festival favorite who helped determine this year’s theme.
- DJ del Rosario: blends light-hearted appreciation of Star Wars with a pastor’s heart for ending human trafficking
- Eugene Cho: local pastor who shatters hipster coffee-shop talk about justice with his practical commitment
- Ginger Gaines-Cirelli: This pastor-theologian’s sermon titles underline her understanding about how we are called to be church in new ways.
- Karen Oliveto: Born on Good Friday and raised in Babylon, NY, she ministers to those on the margins in San Francisco.
- Paul Brandeis Raushenbush: This writer, editor and religious activist recently witnessed his son’s first encounter with the wonder of a Christmas tree.
- Quinn Caldwell: a frequent contributor to the UCC daily devotional who lives in upstate New York with his husband, son and many animals
- Ted Smith: This professor of preaching’s next book is about preaching in a secular age.
- Tony Robinson: Festival founder (2010) This time he’ll participate from the pulpit.
More information available at: FestivalofPreachingNW.org or facebook.com/festivalofpreaching.
Return to News page >