Update on Jose Robles
July 31, 2019
Pastor Engquist has seen Jose in person at the detention center and has been in regular text communication. He says he is able to remain hopeful because he knows his legal team and the faith community are out here working on his behalf. It cheers him greatly.
We must continue to advocate for Jose by calling for the expedition of his U Visa application, by insisting he not be deported while the U Visa is adjudicated, and by encouraging his release from detention to his home and family in Lakewood while the U Visa is pending.
We must also keep Jose's story alive on social media, and with our friends and family, so that in this fast-moving news cycle he is not forgotten. Here's how you can help:
CONCRETE ACTIONS TO TAKE FOR JOSE:
- If you have not yet signed "Free Jose" petition released after Jose was detained, please do so now.
- Call, text, or email at least 10 friends to ask them to sign the petition, and ask each of them to contact 5 of their friends to sign.
- Bookmark the Sanctuary Downtown Seattle website and check it frequently for updates.
- Like and share social media updates about Jose and his case from Gethsemane, Pr. Engquist, and/or Pr. Lipke's accounts. Share your own reasons for supporting Jose on your pages. #dontdeportjose #freejose
- Subscribe, listen to, and share the Downtown Seattle Sanctuary podcast. In particular, please listen to episode 8, released after Jose was detained.
- Continue to give generously when new funds are needed for Jose's legal fees. Money to support Jose and his family can also be given through Gethsemane's Givelify page using the memo "sanctuary".
Return to News page >