March 9, 2014
Lent is the season in the church calendar that invites us into introspection and deepening our faith. Take advantage of the opportunity in small neighborhood groups this year, by reading and discussing A Practical Christianity: Meditations on the Season of Lent by Jane Shaw. Each group meets weekly for five sessions. Here are the groups:
• Ballard: Co-facilitated by Cindy Anderson and Connie Sandstrom. This group meets at 6 pm Fridays, beginning March 14, alternating between the Sandstrom and Anderson homes.
• Bryant/NE Seattle: Facilitated by Sue Maul. This group meets 7 pm-8 pm Thursdays, beginning March 13. This group also includes a concurrent group for elementary school-age children (minimum of 7 kids).
• South Seattle: Facilitator to be determined. This group meets 7 pm-8:30 pm Wednesdays, at Columbia City Starbucks, 4824 Rainier Ave. S.
• Eastside: Facilitated by Jennifer Castle and Bob Turner. This group meets 7 pm-8:30 pm Wednesdays, at the home of Bob and Jade Turner in Bellevue beginning March 12.
• Horizon House/Downtown: Facilitated by Vivian Bowden. This group meets at Horizon House and begins the week of March 10; specific time and date to be determined.
Books available at church office for $10. To sign up, email: JCastle@PlymouthChurchSeattle.org. Jennifer will send you the address of your group. Space is limited. Sign up today!