Middle School Youth
Disciple Interview Questions
Plymouth middle school youth (MYF) is developing faith and building community by delving deeply into Bible stories. Two questions kids seek answers to are: Who was the Jesus of the New Testament and who is Jesus today?
In January, we explored Jesus’s role with his disciples and designed discipleship job interview questions He might have asked, only to discover that most questions are appropriate for us, too!
This Lent, while commuting with your family to and from church, school, work, sporting events and other extra-curricular activities, doing errands or eating a meal, ask yourselves these questions and share your responses. We would love to hear from you! (And Jesus would love to hear from you, too!)
Interview Questions Jesus could’ve asked the Disciples,
written (in no specific order) by grades 6 and 7 Sunday School class, Jan. 10 2016:
- Are you willing to die for God?
- Do you have a college degree? OR
- What life experiences qualify you for this work?
- How old are you? (How old do you feel, in your heart/soul? In your body?)
- Can you do magic?
- Describe a time when you felt God worked through you. What happened?
- Tell me about a time when you shared an uncomfortable truth.
- What qualities do you have that would make you a good disciple?
- Do you trust me?
- What questions do you have for me?
- What are you willing to give up in order to learn and serve?
- Can you be loyal? When have you been loyal before?
- Would you ever consider being a leader?
- What excites you most about this ministry?
- How do you think you might deal with someone who rejects my message?
- How do you feel about giving up everything to follow me?